MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More America Gonnif

Inspired by my buddy Ben, I finally took the plunge and bought a Kindle.

Way cool. (So cool, in fact, that the e-books I bought on Amazon while the Kindle was in shipment had already been uploaded when the Kindle arrived).

I never thought that I could get used to the idea of an e-book. Well, it took me about 30 seconds. The thing weighs nothing, is about as wide as a pencil, and fits easily into my backpack; great for travelling.

I fully expect the Kindle to join my ipod and my Bose headphones in the High-Tech Trilogy of awesome, life-impacting devices.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would get one but for shabbos.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    On the contrary; enforced Torah study.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Peace Promoters said…

    what do u this if it is necessary?

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Merchant Services said…

    There was an odd article a while back about technology and torah were they discussed the idea that eventually all books will only be digital and what would we do about seforim on shabbos :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home