MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Back on the Road

Today was the first time since my surgery in September that I rode my bike (I did ride four days in Israel on a rented bike back in January).

Since none of the girls in the MMFW Bike club chose to join me, I ended up riding alone, at 7 a.m. It was nice to get out again.

The ride out to Point Lookout was fast and easy, which meant that the ride back would be slow and hard, right into a headwind, which it was. I was very comfortable despite the 40 degree temperature because I have the right clothes. This is why Hashem created Gore-Tex, etc.

On my way back, as usual, I stopped to pick up a muffin and bagel at Toddy's (There's no point in burning 1000 calories if you can't replenish them with a blueberry muffin). Jay just purchased a juice machine and offered me some fresh orange juice, gratis. Yum. Highly recommended.

Next week, if the weather holds up, back to the North Shore and some hills.

In the meantime, this was a nice start to the season.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger PsycleSteve said…

    Welcome back. Today was first day of 2010 race season. Had a 9:30am race in CT. Came home and still felt good so I rode to Bear Mtn. Gate was down so I carried my bike over the barrier and had the place to myself - nice. Kids are finally old enough that I can get THEM to clean the cars for Pesach (which would have been my job today).

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Anonymous MMFW Girl said…

    10 degrees warmer at 11AM, and still no traffic.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i didn't know anyone goes to Toddy's anymore!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    anon 9:29

    Only if you like good food including muffins that are not "low fat" (i.e., low taste)

    MMFW girl

    If you would get some real biking clothes, it wouldn't matter what time you rode.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home