MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, March 01, 2010

Oy Canada

I worked for a Canadian bank for 9 years and during that time made countless trips to our neighbor to the north. I watched many hours of Canadian Sportscenter (where the thrill-a-minute "sport" of curling is second in importance to hockey).

I cannot adequately express how bad it would have been in Canada had their hockey team lost to the upstart Americans yesterday afternoon. Like a national Tisha B'Av (l'havdil) that would have lasted a month.

Imagine the U.S. losing to Canada in football at the Olympics hosted by the U.S. Then, multiply that by ten, no, twenty, times.

So, I fargin the Canadians their squeeky victory.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    they annoyingly call it sports"centre"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home