MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, November 27, 2006

Fosterboy's Sneakers

Fosterboy spent Thanksgiving with our family. Since my in-laws are going to Florida for a few months, we had MHW's family over for the Seudah.

Two things were noteworthy. First, The Toddler seemed to have some kind of mystical connection to Fosterboy. I can't explain it. She followed him around all day, sat on his lap, played with him. This made Fosterboy feel really good, which is really good.

The second thing that was noteworthy was the state of Fosterboy's sneakers. He was wearing Addidas high tops. When he walked in in the morning, I noticed that his laces were completely mangled and that he was, essentially, walking around with untied sneakers.

I went into my closet and took out a pair of old sneakers and removed the laces. I cut Fosterboy's laces with a pair of scissors (it's hard to describe how mangled they were) and replaced them.

All I could think about was, "doesn't anyone at the residence look at his feet?" How long had he been walking around like this? How could his supervisors let him go around like this?

The bottom line is that, for all intents and purposes, Fosterboy is an orphan.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home