MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, April 08, 2004

Bizarro Sklaro World

Sklaro World is the often-amusing blog of a young, foulmouthed and angry MO man who lives in a strange and bizarre alternate universe (and I don't mean Chicago, the place on this planet that he calls home).

Among his least-strange attributes is that he is a vegetarian. Not only that, but he seems to be a good candidate for the presidency of PETA since he continuously rants about the virtues of vegetarianism and how disgusting eating meat really is. He also likes to post gross pictures of animals in various stages of slaughter and rail against the current practice of shechita (to wit, not stunning the animals prior to slaughter).

I have nothing against vegetarians. Some of my best friends are vegetarians (actually, that's not really true but I couldn't resist that line...My good friends go out at least once a week to Hapisgah steakhouse in Queens and order the biggest steaks in the house). And, Rav Avraham Yitzchak Hakohen Kook, ZT'L, was a vegetarian (although he reportedly had a little chicken soup on Friday night L'kavod Shabbos).

Anyway, as a public service to Sklaro World and those contemplating vegetarianism, I offer up this topical article that I saw at Israelinsider.com.

I have to go now, my chicken salad is waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home