MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Angry Email

Tamara writes how she almost messed up by sending an angry email to a friend. She consulted a Rav and, before she had a chance to send the email (pursuant to the Rav's guidelines), found out that the information that angered her was untrue.

I have had a policy forever of taking anything I write in anger and putting it in my top drawer overnight. I then re-read it in the morning. It has never happened that I didn't tone down what I wanted to say originally. Many times I just ripped up the original.

Now, in email land, it is even more important to be careful. So, instead of putting angry emails in my top drawer, I send them to "Draft" and read them the next morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home