MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Mashiv Ha'ruach U'morid Ha'geshem

If you thought that the davening in your MO shul this morning was with more kavanah than usual, you were not imagining things.

Fathers all over the metropolitan area were praying hard for rain. Today is the first day of little league in the MO shuls leagues. Having coached my own sons for more years than I care to remember,I remember distinctly how I used to daven for rain, particularly during the cold and windy days of April (I don't even recall the season starting in March in my day).

However, the Aibishter works in His own, mysterious ways. At this point, it looks like there will be just enough rain to make the day particularly miserable but nor enough to cause the games to be cancelled.

Baruch Shepitrani.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home