MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Baby Gets Even Cuter

Last night we hosted a siyum to celebrate the completion by my shul's morning chaburah, after 5.5 years, of Choshen Mishpat, a part of the Shulchan Aruch of the Rav. I will write about the morning chaburah and what it means to me in my next post, IYH.

In any event, we had more than 30 men in our dining room/living room. My Rebbe gave over some Torah and Shlomo Katz played some music.

Unfortunately (in a way) the music woke up the Baby at about 9:30 p.m.. Usually when she wakes up at night we give her a bottle and she goes right back to sleep. Wasn't happening last night. Way too stimulated. (Maybe she was excited about it being her 8-month birthday?)

So, I got to hang out with her until 12:30 a.m.

Having slept for a couple of hours before being woken up, the Baby was in a great mood, smiling and laughing and, get this, clapping her hands for the first time. There's nothing cuter than that. And, when she finally got tired, she strectched with her hands clasped right behind her neck. Where did she learn that move?

Even though I had to get up a little after 5 the next morning, I wasn't in the least bit grumpy about having to stay up with her. I must be getting mellower in my old age.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home