MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New CD Project

I am very pleased to report that, through my not-for-profit company, Shirei Shmuel, Inc., I will be embarking on a new and exciting CD project during my forthcoming trip to Israel in late January. Can't really say much more for now.

I am able to do this because (a) the sales report that I received from Sameach Music on U'Shmuel B'korei Sh'mo was very positive so I will be able to recycle some of the proceeds, and (b) I received a funding commitment for approximately half the cost of the project from a very holy Jew who shares my vision of Jewish music.

Also, having done this once, I learned a lot and hope to bring this project in much more quickly and cheaply. For one, I will produce the CD entirely in one studio in Israel rather than all over the lot (including the U.S. which is almost twice as expensive a place to produce as Israel). Second, all the arrangements will be done by one person (although a number of musicians will perform).

If anyone else out there wants to help me fund this project, please let me know. Also, it's not too late to buy the original CD. Not only will you be getting some excellent music, you will be contributing to the cause.

Finally, thanks to MHW who tolerates my insanity.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Eliyahu said…

    great news! looking forward to the next one! at the least, i hope to buy several!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home