MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Mo Bear

No, this is not what you think.

This is about riding my bike. On Monday morning, driving to shul at 6 a.m., I saw a guy riding his racing bike. It was no more than 10 degrees and the wind/chill had to be 10 below or more.

I, on the other hand, am like a bear. I hibernate during the winter. I get absolutely no enjoyment out of riding my bike in cold weather. None. In fact, I left my bike in Israel after the Alyn Ride, because I knew that I wouldn't ride it in New York until the spring (who knew how mild the winter would be?) and I knew I would be going back in January.

And, because the weather in Israel was crazy warm during most of my stay, I got to ride on a couple of occasions without even putting on winter biking gear.

I finally lugged my bike back to the States but I won't be riding outside until the temparatures reach 60 degrees or more.

The good news is that pitchers and ctchers report next week. Spring can't be far behind.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Jacob Da Jew said…

    Sweet! I have my winter gear too, but this cold snap is just too much for me.

    Thankfully, my Dear Wife bought me a trainer for my birthday so I can go nowhere fast. What kind of wheels do you have? I'd say you are a Roadie..

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Litespeed Teramo ti.

    I use a spinner during the winter

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Jacob Da Jew said…

    Wow. I googled it, that's one heck of a bike. Probably cost mjor dough too, $3000 plus.

    I have a Trek 1000, nice ride but definitly not Ti.

    How many Centuries have you done? I did one, so far.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Jacob Da Jew said…

    Then again, if you did the Alyn Ride, probably crank 'em out.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    go to ridingwithmoc.blogspot.com

    $3k is about right. My 25th anniversary present.

    I've done a bunch of centuries and 3 alyn rides.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home