MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, March 26, 2004

A Plea for Action

I assume Cookie's post today, A Plea for Sanity, is aimed here. (Either that or I'm paranoid).

Before anyone gets the idea that I'm on some kind of vendetta to ruin someone's life, let me make a few comments:

1. It appears that the performer at issue has already ruined a few people's lives.

2. I have seen an email from the promoter of the show that confirms that he knows what the performer has done. Your eyes would pop out if you read what this guy wrote.

3. I have spoken to a very great Rav who has cautiously allowed me to go forward. Another important Rav was consulted and has given similar advice. I have not undertaken this without a tremendous amount of soul searching.

4. This performer has a reputation among many JM insiders for drug and alcohol abuse going back a long time. I have received numerous unsolicited emails confirming this.

5. I am not revelling in this. On the contrary. I've got better things to do. It's not why I started blogging. But a conspiracy of silence in the face of these kinds of situations will lead to more incidents like the one reported by the Jerusalem Post.

6. If this isn't publicized how are people supposed to protect themselves?

7. This performer has no business singing the kind of stuff that he sings. It's disgraceful. He needs to find another line of work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home