MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, May 24, 2004

I Love to Ride my NEW Bicycle

On Friday I picked up my new bike. I felt like a kid on Chanukah.

Sunday morning at 6 a.m. I was in Central Park testing it out. Gevalt. Although I love my 15-year-old Schwinn (now the proud possession of my oldest son; he isn't all that much older than the bike), this bike is ridiculously better. Much lighter. Triple crank (i.e., three chain rings in front, much better for climbing; the Schwinn was a double). The hand brakes double as gear shifters (the shifters are on the downtube of my Schwinn) making it SO much easier to shift. I knocked off 24 miles pretty easily. Next Sunday and Monday, IYH, 30 each morning.

The charity bike tour that I'm doing in Israel in October just announced the itinerary. Awesome. From Mitzpeh Ramon in the Negev to Yerushalayim. On the last day, we ride from the lowest point on Earth literally (the Dead Sea, 400 meters BSL), to the highest place on Earth figuratively (Yerushalayim 800 meters ASL). I'm pumped.

(If anyone wants to join the tour, check out the website; it has all the info. If anyone wants to sponsor me (I'm supposed to raise at least $2,000 for the hospital) follow the instructions on the website and type in MoChassid as the rider).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home