MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Chicken Soup

I love chicken soup. I could eat chicken soup every single night and would never get tired of it. Call me crazy, what can I say?

What I can't do is get through a Friday night seudah without chicken soup. Whether it's a cold night in January or 90 degrees and humid in August. No gespatcho for this Jew on Friday night.
If I don't have chicken soup on Friday night, not only is my entire Shabbos thrown off but it takes me a few days into the week to recover.

BH, my holy wife humours me on this issue and keeps me in chicken soup all year round.

The reason I bring this up now is because MHW made chicken soup last night. When she makes chicken soup she makes enough to last a couple of months. She uses two of the most humongous pots and it ends up filling a large number of Tupperware containers. Our deal is that I strain the vegetables and chicken, pour the soup into the containers, put them in the freezer and clean the pots. (It's a good deal for me. Don't tell MHW).

I hear that some people don't have chicken soup during the summer but I'm not mekabel. It can't be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home