MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, August 01, 2004

Bulb Night at MoC's

Tonight I changed seven or eight bulbs, five of which were in my den. My den had been down to one high hat when, after countless requests by MHW, I finally broke down and replaced the bulbs.

This raised a few questions in my head.

First, why, in a Jewish marriage, is it exclusively the husband's job to replace lightbulbs?

Second, what do single Jewish women do when their lightbulbs need to be changed?

Third, if the answer to the second question is that single Jewish women change their own lightbulbs then, why, in a Jewish marriage is it exclusively the husband's job to change the lightbulbs?

UPDATE: The Cookie Monster claims that not only does she change lightbulbs, she also takes out the garbage.