MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, December 06, 2004

Hakaras Hatov

I would like to express my thanks and appreciation, from the bottom of my heart, to all of you who either blogged about the passing of my dad. R. Shmuel ben Moshe Dovid, z'l, or left such sweet and comforting comments.

A special thanks to Ben Chorin who was in galus and actually took the time to visit me in person during shiva. Also, to those of you who, lo aleinu, recently (or not so recently) lost parents and could especially empathize, I appreciate your thoughts and wish you nechama. I was especially moved by Prodly who lost his dad 11 years ago when he was just a kid. I left my home almost 30 years ago and, yet, I profoundly feel the the loss of my dad. I can't even imagine what it must have been like for Prodly. May you continue to have strength.

It is also a time to reflect on the tremendous chesed that was displayed during the week leading up to my dad's petira and the 7 days that followed. The chevra kadisha acted with grace and tznius. The Rabbanim in the community helped us in countless ways. Our friends provided us with enough food to feed an army. The many guests who knew my dad well said such beautiful things they made us cry (in a good way). A few people from way back in our lives, whom we hadn't seen for years, made amazing efforts to drop in. Some of the things they said about my dad's impact on their lives were astonishing and I will always be grateful to them for sharing their thoughts and feelings with us. with us. The intimate time I got to spend with my mom and siblings was priceless. I learned many lessons during the shiva.

I will refrain from blogging for the rest of the shloshim (other than a possible public notification or two). Again, I thank you all for your warm thoughts. May we experience and blog about many simchas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home