MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, April 29, 2005

Can't Sleep

I have been up in the middle of the night for the past three nights.

On Tuesday evening, I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep because the selection committee for my new job was meeting the following afternoon. After an arduous process that involved many, many interviews and spread out over a number of months, it was coming down to the wire. I was wired.

On Wednesday night, I woke up at 4 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep because I was so excited. I couldn't stop thinking about the challenges that lay ahead. On Thursday I was going to sign the offer letter and give notice to my current employer. I was really wired.

Tonight, I woke up at 3 again. I tried mightily to get back to sleep, to no avail. Too many things racing through my head. I go public in the morning and the day will be crazy.

This is highly unusual for me. Although I am normally an early riser, I usually have no problem sleeping, no matter what is on my mind, and I usually have no problem getting back to sleep even if I wake up in the middle of the night.
(A long time ago, when MHW woke me up at 1 a.m. to tell me that she was starting more serious labor with our first born, I told her to wake me up when it was time to go to the hospital; I rolled over and slept like a baby).

I must be getting old. What am I going to do when I stop blogging?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home