MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, March 20, 2006

Ari Boiangiu

I was going to write a review of Ari Boiangiu's debut CD, Rosh Ashmurot, but Jewish Music Blog beat me to it and pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Besides being the extraordinary lead guitarist (and bandleader) for Neshama Orchestra, Ari is one of the sweetest, nicest guys you'll ever meet and has managed to maintain his timimus despite being exposed to the often sketchy J music world. The CD reflects this sweetness as well as his virtuosity.

My only personal beef with the CD: I sense that Ari purposely restrained his electric guitar playing; I would have prefered that he would have let loose a little more. On the other hand, Ari showed us some sensational acoustic guitar playing, a side of him we don't often see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home