MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Sports Friday (A Little Early)

I will likely not have time to post tomorrow and it's been a while since I posted on sports.

1. Hockey Update: OYST continues to roll, albeit in a maddeningly frustrating way. They have run into good goaltending, teams that play in defensive shells (and are absolutely no threat to score) and bad luck. The result: Instead of winning by scores like 8 - 0, they are winning by scores like 2 - 0 and 3 - 1. The side benefit is that OYS gets to play entire games rather than the period and a half that he's been used to. The second of four meaningful games will take place a week from Tuesday with the remaining two in January.

2. Fantasy Football: Although I am only 31 points behind Joe, he is in first place, 10 -4, and I am in fourth/fifth place (out of 6), 6 - 8. I may have the best second-half record but it means little. I had the highest score again last week despite a quarterback who scored zero points. The question, again, this week is Romo or Brady. The second is do I start Reggie Bush?

3. Beer: Last week I met OYS and two of his friends at the Rangers game. During their train ride into the city, OYS told his friends that I would order a beer and say: "This is my semi-annual beer. I never drink beer except at a hockey game or a baseball game."

During the first period, I ordered a beer and said: "This is my semi-annual beer. I never drink beer except at a hockey game or a baseball game."

Go have kids.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger ysh said…

    definitely start bush. he's finally generating good fantasy value.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home