MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's All About Me

This afternoon, I gave the last of four presentations regarding an important topic in my industry. All together, I spoke in front of about 300 live people and another 600 or so through a webinar set up. In order to try to accommodate as many people as possible, sessions were scheduled once a week for four weeks, and two of the sessions were scheduled for the morning and two for the afternoon.

Today's took place at 1 p.m.

This morning I received a call from one of our members.

Member: "I'd really like to come to the presentation today but I have a lunch scheduled for 1 p.m.."

Me: .

Member: "I don't think I'll be finished until 2."

Me:

Member: "I don't think I'll be able to make it."

Can anyone tell me the point of this guy's call?

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    My guess? He was probably just trying to be polite. Maybe he thought you'd seen him earlier and didn't want you to think you'd been bored by seminars 1-3 and had decided to skip the last one. He wanted you to know that he would have liked to go but couldn't.

    Sure, it was a big audience, and you'd never have noticed his absence, but some people do think that way. I can absolutely see my wondering if he should).

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    And I have no idea where a few of the words in that comment went. I meant to say, I can see my husband doing that, or wondering if he should.

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger Jordan said…

    What the guy was doing was giving you a chance to give him a p'tur. You did not, so he kept on pausing, waiting for you to say "Don't worry, it's alright."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home