MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, December 01, 2006

Yonason Hill

Rav Ari Waxman, shlita, just told me that Yonason Hill has just completed a new CD. It isn't in stores yet but I am trying to track down a copy through private channels.

I first heard Yonason Hill's heavenly voice on Rav Waxman's own CD, B'eor Panecha (which, by the way, if you don't own, you should immediately drop what you're doing and get). I was, to put it simply, blown away by the sweetness of his voice. I understand that he is also an accomplished musician, a fiddler, if I'm not mistaken.

Yonason Hill is a Chassid who lives in Meah She'arim with his wife and a passel of kids. He is also the son of the actor turned Ba'al Teshuva, Steven Hill.

When I first heard Rav Waxman's CD and was told of the relationship between Yonason and Steven Hill, I did a double take. I remembered that almost 40 years ago I went to camp with a tall, thin, athletic and very quiet kid named Jonny Hill (I remember that he was a lefty; he could hit a softball a long way). We heard that he was an actor's son but he never talked about it.

I'm pretty sure Jonny Hill is Yonason Hill.

In any event, I look forward to hearing the new CD and will report back when I get it.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home