MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, November 16, 2007

Business Class

I just got off the phone with OYS who called just before Shabbos.

I reminded him to get me the dates of his Pesach vacation so that I can arrange a flight (I am totally against guys in yeshiva in Israel coming back for Pesach break but I lost that battle about six years ago).

I noted that I want to use some of my frequent flyer miles to book the ticket so the sooner I know the dates the better. This is how the rest of the conversation went:

OYS: "Can I go business class"?

Me: "Absolutely not. Are you kidding?".

OYS: "You've gotta give me credit for trying".

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Elly Storch said…

    go max

     
  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Commenter Abbi said…

    Yes, those spoiled young whippersnappers. In my day, I came in June on a summer program and didn't return home till the next may. I did tochnit nissan in kibbutz merav, my mom came once during the year and taht was it. I didn't see my father the whole year!

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Back in my day (I was at Hebrew U, not yeshiva), I did succos on a religious kibbutz and, to be honest, I don't even remeber where I was for Pesach (but I know it wasn't home).

    My mom visited once and my dad visited once, separately.

    I got to call home about once a month (from the Central post office).

    Those were the days when you walked to and from school five miles, uphill each way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home