MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Whole Wheat Noodles

On Tuesday I had a business lunch at MMFFC. Tuna. I always get the Ahi tuna there.

So when I called MHW later in the day to, inter alia, find out what was for dinner, I was pleased to hear that we were having pasta.

When I got home later that evening, staring me in the face was a bowl of whole wheat elbow noodles.

I stared at them incredulously and inquired of MHW, "What's up with the noodles?"

MHW said, "I asked you last week whether you minded switching to whole wheat pasta and you said it was ok."

I said, "What? When did that happen? I have no recollection of any such conversation and I can't even imagine myself agreeing to such a takana."

MHW said, "Well, you did."

There are three possibilities.

1. I'm losing my mind. Possible.

2. MHW posed the question during the shootout of a Ranger's game and I just said yes so that I could concentrate on the game. Very possible.

3. MHW posed the question, I didn't really concentrate and I said what I've been saying for the past 26 years, "Whatever you say, [nickname]". Exceedingly possible.

Whichever of the above possibilities is the correct one, I told MHW that I officially took back the posiive response to her question and that I would, instead, prefer to risk my health by ingesting all the bad things associated with regular pasta over the healthy ingredients of tasteless whole wheat pasta and, furthermore, this goes double for noodles in her delicious Friday night chicken soup.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Try Ronzoni Smart Taste Pasta- white pasta with whole wheat pasta nutrition. It might be a good compromise for you and your wife.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Trader Joe's makes really good whole wheat pasta (although I don't know if they have TJ's where you live). They also make brown rice pasta, which struck me as nauseating in concept but when I tried it (when my nephew with celiac visited) I actually got used to it pretty quickly. I think you should give the noodles, and YHW, a couple of weeks before rescinding your word like that.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    We have a trader joes. No way, no how.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home