MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, November 20, 2006

Hockey Season Begins

Our ninth and last year of scholastic hockey involving one of our sons begins tomorrow night. Technically, the season began about five weeks ago but the first meaningful game is scheduled for tomorrow. OYS's teams have won the first six games by an average score of 2,000 to zero, or something like that.

Because his coach has rachmanus, OYS only got to play small portions of those games so I usually found myself hocking with the other parents by the middle of the second period. So, a game that will actually be a challenge is most welcome.

To a certain extent, OYS is playing with house money having already won two elementary school, one JV and one varsity championships. But, I am quite sure that OYS and his fellow seniors don't see it that way and would like to go out on top.

My nerves have just about had it (we have attended championship games involving one of our sons in 6 of the 8 years they played so far) so I am happy, on some level, that I will be retiring this year.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger LJG said…

    I DOUBT YOU COULD QUIT COLD TURKEY.
    MAYBE YOU SHOULD COME TO SEVEN OR 8 GAMES NEXT YEAR JUST SO YOU DON'T GO THRU WITHDRAWAL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home