MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Travelling

I travel on business a fair amount. But please don't feel sorry for me. If you have to feel sorry for anyone, feel sorry for MHW (not that she wants you to). I usually get to fly business class, stay in nice hotels and often get to stop in Israel on my way to where I'm going. Sure, it stinks being alone and I do get lonely but it's nothing compared to what MHW has to deal with, i.e., loneliness AND handling everything by herself (made much more challenging since we have TT).

Take tonight for example. At 5 p.m. I will walk over to Penn Station, buy something to eat on my way over, hop in an Acela Express train, do some work, get some sleep and arrive at a five star hotel in Boston three and a half hours later. MHW will be feeding and bathing TT, getting her to sleep, supervising homework, taking the phone calls, cooking for Shabbos, arranging schedules, etc., etc. I get to hang out at a conference tomorrow, speak for an hour before a few hundred people, flap and quack with the machers, go to the gym and hang out. I take a train back on Friday morning and arrive home with a few hours to spare efore Shabbos.

Not too shabby.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home