MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, January 29, 2007

An El Al Story

A few weeks ago I was invited to an important meeting in London that takes place tomorrow. I volunteered to interupt my vacation to fly over for a couple of days from israel. I asked my travel agent to book a flight round trip from Tel Aviv.

He sent me an itinerary that put me on British Air. Now, everyone knows British Air is better than El Al, especially in Business Class. Nevertheless, I decided that I'd rather go on El Al for a couple of reasons. One, I feel better security-wise. Two, I'm a Zionist and I'd rather use an Israeli airline (sorry, but I had no intention of buying into the boycott). Three, it was a couple of hundred bucks cheaper and although it's not my money, I try to be careful with my firm's money as much as possible.

I told my travel agent to change the flights to El Al and he did.

Turns out that British Air will be on strike the exact two days that I am travelling and all flights have been cancelled. So, I guess this is the exception that proves the rule: No good dead goes unpunished.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger and so it shall be... said…

    Kol Hakavod. But make sure to catch this week's Five Towns Jewish Times for a certain rabbi's absurd, convoluted take on why you're as evil as they come.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    I had expected you to spin this as a hashgochah pratis story.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger LT said…

    MOChassid 1
    Boycotters 0

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    I've been wanting to post about the boycott but it ended before i had a chance. B'kitzur: it was absurd and I wasn't going to follow it. (And, didn't, since the flight I booked was booked during the boycott kerfuffle)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home