MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Busted

I just gave a lunchtime presentation at a major financial institution in town. It turns out that it was bonus day, the day managers let their minions know how much they will be getting for their 2006 bonuses. (The bonuses themselves usually get paid in the near future). This institution, like most Wall Street firms, had a very good year and the group that I came to talk to had a particularly good year.

When I walked on to the trading floor, I was met by the head of trading, a fellow whom I've known for 20 years. We were shmoozing before my presentation when he suddenly noticed one of his traders looking at a screen that did not contain the usual financial information. Instead, the trader was scrolling down the website of a very fancy car company.

The head trader called him out on it and everyone on the trading floor had a good laugh. I guess it's good to be one of the masters of the universe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home