MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Cara's World Includes Three Meals

Cara suggests that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to Seudah Shlishis outside the New York area.

I plead guilty.

Cara's shul never misses it and she clearly agrees with me that there is something special about the singing, camaraderie and divrei Torah at a communal seudah shlishis. I sincerely hope that she is correct that more MO shuls outside New York hold communal Third Meals at the time of "Raivah D'Raivin", the chosen time of the chosen Day.

By the way, if you would like to experience seudah shlishis in the most amazing way (this is for men only, unfortunately), next time you are in Yerushalayim, go to Rav Tzvi Meir Silberberg's seudah shlishis at the Viznitz Talmud Torah in Geulah. 800 men of all different types come to hear his incredible, powerful and inspiring shmooze. Tzvi Meir speaks in Yiddish but, believe me, you don't need to understand a word of Yiddish to get his message. If you go, don't make early reservations for motsai Shabbos. Shabbos extends by at least an hour (and the singing goes on for more than an hour after the first round of maariv).

Krivu Li, Chazu Chaili, D'Lais Dinin Diskifin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home