MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, July 22, 2004

"But She Told Me 8 O'Clock!"

I got off the train tonight and headed straight for shul. I was a few minutes early for mincha. As I approached, I saw an elderly couple waiting outside. They were not frum. I could tell by the pointy Yarmulke the man was wearing.

The woman asked me, "Are you here for the 'Schwartz' bris?"

"The Schwartz bris?", I replied. "That was this morning."

"This morning?? But she told me 8 O'clock!"

I said, "Yes. It was 8 O'clock this morning."

Talk about a failure to communicate. The "Schwartzes" are both ba'alei teshuva. Where their families come from early morning brisis are unheard of.

D'oh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home