MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Avoiding Challah Yeridah

When MHW came to Israel a few weeks ago, she brought a bunch of her own awesome home-baked challahs. Because we were invited out for one of the meals, we ended up with two extra challahs.

MHW suggested that I bring them home tonight, but I can't bear the thought. It would be a terrible yeridah for challahs that were earmarked for consumption in Yerushalayim Ir Hakodesh to be returned to galus and eaten in Woodmere.

Instead, I gave them to my daughter who is learning in seminary. Even though she won't be able to use them on Shabbos since she goes to people's houses every week, I would rather the challahs be eaten for melaveh malkah in Yerushalayim than on Shabbos in galus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home