MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, March 04, 2005

Poetic License

MHW got back from Israel yesterday and was scrolling through my blog when she noticed this, a post about how she purportedly left us without her fabulous homebaked Challah for last Shabbos forcing me to spend $17.40 on 2 challahs and 6 challah rolls in a very fancy Manhattan restaurant.

MHW politely pointed out that she did, indeed, leave us homebaked challah albeit in frozen and unbaked form. All I had to do was defrost them, let them rise and put them in the oven. This is true. In fact, I was too lazy to follow her instructions and I simply bought store-baked challah out of laziness. I explained to her that I had invoked poetic license in my blog to make a joke and that I hoped she forgave me. The good news: She did.

Anyone who knows MHW would instantly have known that it would have been unthinkable for her to have left us without homebaked challah. To those of you who don't know her, MHW would never dream of leaving us without homebaked challah.