MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, March 07, 2005

Two Ways of Looking At It UPDATED

The weather is finally spring-like today. There are two ways of looking at this. One is, "why couldn't the weather have been like this yesterday so that I could have taken a spin on my bike (even though my bike is not my mid-life-crisis-dream-bike)". The other way is to take comfort that today is a harbinger of good days to come. I think I'm looking at it both ways at the same time.

UPDATE:

As one of the commenters noted, I jumped the gun. Today is cold, rainy and snowy. Hard to imagine a yuchier day.

UPDATE II:

Last night I received an email from the Holy Rebbe of Klal Yisrael that made me feel silly in light of this whiny post. He was about to go to sleep a little after 1 a.m. after a hard day (and night) at work (You think it's easy being the Holy Rebbe of Klal Yisrael?). He got a call from his local shmira organizer reminding him that he had guard duty from 1 a.m. until 3 a.m.! D'oh! He put it best: "Ashreinu ma chelkeinu". And I'm whining about not being able to ride my bike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home