MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Alyn Ride Phenomenon

I am trying to make sense out of what is happening around registration for this year's Alyn Ride. Registration opened on May 8th and over 220 (out of 325) people have already signed up. The 50 spots for the 385 mile challenge ride have already been spoken for and there is actually a waiting list!

What's going on with klal Yisrael?

(First, an aside. No matter how many times you warn first-time riders that this is a serious ride and that the hills are VERY long and VERY steep, many of them don't process it. And, anyone who signed up for the challenge ride because they have an imbalance of testosterone could be making a VERY big mistake. I consider myself to be a decently strong rider in very good shape and I am worried about the ride. It is not a joke).

I find it interesting that this ride seems to have taken on a certain life of its own. Sort of a "OK, I've done the spin classes, I can do this", or a "I've done a Marathon, I can do this", thing.

(The only thing I'm concerned about is that some of my buddies from previous rides will get shut out if they don't act soon).

So, if you are thinking about doing it, you don't have much time to act. And, if you want to meet some of the riders and find out more, we will be meeting with our bikes at Central Park, East 90th Street entrance (Fifth Avenue) at 8:30 a.m. this coming Sunday, weather permitting. 3 laps (18 miles).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home