MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The House That Ruth Built

I had the pleasure of spending 2 and a half hours at Yankee Stadium today. And about 5 and a half hours in my car going to and fro.

I left my house at 11 to pick up Fosterboy. It is usually a 45 minute drive to where he is staying. It took me an hour and 45 minutes. I don't know why.

In any event, the ride back to Yankee Stadium should have taken less than 15 minutes. Because it was now so late and because driving near the Stadium is ridiculous, we didn't get into the park until 1:40, 35 minutes after the game had begun.

The game ended about 4:15 and we proceeded to the parking garage. My car was on the third floor. 65 minutes later, I made it to the street. More than 1/2 hour after that, I still hadn't made it onto the highway. Finally, at 6:30, I arrived back at Fosterboy's place.

What's amazing is that people apparently put up with this all the time. The Yankees are averaging about 50,000 fans per game (today there were close to 55,000).

I seriously doubt that I will ever drive to a weekday Yankees day game ever again. Ich kenesht.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    Hope you and Fosterboy enjoyed the game. Yankees--that's baseball, right?

    Sorry, I skip the sports parts and just read the entries about your kids...

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger FrumWithQuestions said…

    Maybe you should become a Mets fan then you wouldn't have that problem.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger nombody said…

    Park on the upper east or upper west side and take the train up to Yankee stadium. You'll be in and out in no time and you'll avoid all the Major Deegan traffic (assuming you were coming from NJ or Rockland/Westchester). Even if you're coming from Queens or Brooklyn, it's still easier from the upper east side to hop on the Triboro bridge or go down the FDR.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger nombody said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home