MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, August 25, 2006

Biking Friday: The North Fork Century

I interrupt my "How I Met and Married MHW" thread with a quick review of where I'm holding on the bike.

With just over two months to go before my annual Alyn Hospital charity ride in Israel, I am in very fine shape except for one thing. My lower back has been killing me. I think it's because I've been ratcheting up the resistance on the spin bike to ridiculous levels (the best way to train for the brutal climbs that I will be doing in Israel). No matter how much stretching I do, I just can't get it loose.

I am trying a deep tissue massage this afternoon. If that doesn't help, I will be sucking down Advil for the foreseeable future.

This Sunday I will be doing a 100 mile ride on the North Shore of Long Island. It's almost entirely flat, and therefore not particularly useful in terms of the Alyn Ride, but it's the only game in town. I will try to maintain a pace of about 18 or 19 miles an hour, depending on the headwinds. The good news is that riding on flat terrain will not hurt my back. I hope.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Noam S said…

    find yourself a good physiatrist or physical therapist who specializes in spine problems. If it persists, take two aspirin, and email me in the morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home