MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, October 13, 2006

Fleeting Moments III

I've always loved Sh'mini Atzeres and Simchas Torah. For many reasons, not the least of which is that our home often resembled a youth hostel rather than a private house. Sleeping bags all over the place, kids all over the place.

This year, however, with the exception of OOD and her good friend (and an honorary member of our clan), the Shevster, it's just me, MHW and the newly-walking Toddler.

OYS and OYD each decided to blow us off this year for greener pastures and friends in far off places. I can't believe our little girl (not the little-little girl) is off doing the Simchas Torah thing. (Background music: Sunrise, Sunset....)

Who am I going to tell my corny jokes and Chassidishe stories to? OOD and the Shevster have heard them all and the Toddler won't understand them yet. I must be getting old.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home