MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My Levayah (after 120)

I recently went with MHW to a levayeh for a very fine Jew who passed away way before his time. Very sad. The place was packed and it became very hot inside. It was standing room only and I was standing.

The levayeh went on and on. And on. And on.

I have shpilkis under the best of circumstances but when I'm standing in a crowded and very hot room, I for sure can't deal with it. So, after a while I walked out and waited in the vestibule.

When we left, I told MHW that when it's my time, after 120, I want to be back in the hearse and on the road within 30 minutes of the start of the levayeh. A couple of people can get up and say that I was generally a nice guy, I popularized the term "shiny shoe music", I could sing a nice harmony and did some decent things. If anyone wants to know specifics they can come to the shiva. The last thing I want for my last act on this good Earth is to be a tircha d'tziburah.

The good thing is that MHW knows me well enough to know that I'm absolutely serious.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    Have you made arrangement for the blog?

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    That will be my ultimate and real retirement

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger AS said…

    What about the album you produced?
    My mother A'K'M died very tragically way before her time. even with all the famous rabbanim we kept it rather short but it was very moving.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger and so it shall be... said…

    Thank you for this unbelievably morbid post.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    SW

    Happy to oblige.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    MoC:

    Your continued return from the deceased members of the blogosphere has enhanced my faith in the notion of resurrection of the dead.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home