MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Sports Friday on Sunday

1. After starting the Fantasy football season 1 - 6, I have finally climbed all the way back to .500 with a crushing victory over Team Elster. (It is not official until after tomorrow's games but I am up by 60 points and the margin is actually likely to increase.) Elster made the terrible mistake of putting many of his fantasy eggs in one basket and, unfortunately for him, the basket was the Giants. He also ran into terrible luck with a number of other premium players.

So, although my score is only a modest 106 (with Tony Romo yet to play) this game is in the bag. So, I won with LT finally coming down to Earth with only 20 points.

If Joe can come back tomorrow (a pretty likely scenario) I will find myself in third place with a shot at second next week (which is where I belong since I have 100 more points than the third highest scoring player (Joe is first by over 50)).

2. Is there a more horrid team than the Giants? Can you believe they will make the playoffs with a win next week? Coughlin must go.

3. What's up with the Rangers?

4. Big high school hockey game on Tuesday. Results to follow.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    Elster's Week 16 performance was shockingly awful. I believe it's the worst of any team all season.

    Congrats on coming back to 8-8. Next week I will try to stop you from finishing with a winning record. Good luck.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Joe

    Next week is very tricky. For example, I think both my quarterbacks may be locked into their positions. Same thing with LT. I'm sure you will have some of the same issues.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    I am quite sure you are wrong about that.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    I haven't read the sports section yet today but I assume a number of teams are already locked in and will have no incentive to risk injury to their stars. Of course, I could be wrong.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Joe Schick said…

    I think you are wrong. There are bye weeks and playoff home field still up for grabs. If Dallas loses today Romo would definitely start next week.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Joe

    As usual, I think you are right, especially if Dallas loses. It also looks like LT will play unless Baltimore loses before they play (I don't know the schedule). I'm actually not sure if the Colts have a meaningful game.

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Um - did anyone even THINK that at this point, Elster is intentionally tanking the season for a shot at Brady Quinn?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home