MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Saturday, February 17, 2007

O'MOM and Anonymity

These are my two cents about Pam Greenbaum's ridiculous suit against Google to unmask O'Mom.

1. The suit is a joke. Greenbaum is a public figure and you can say lots of nasty things about public figures without liability. The fact that a commenter (not even O'Mom herself) called her ugly and a bigot, doesn't come close.

2. This kerfuffle must be great for O'Mom's numbers.

3. What's the big deal if O'Mom's identity were to be revealed? I think that anyone who says anything anonymously on his or her blog should be prepared to say the same thing for atribution. I have less and less patience for anonymous blogs (and, just as bad, anonymous letters to the editor of Jewish newspapers). And, frankly, I don't think that O'Mom says anything so radical that she couldn't say it for attribution.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 2:50 AM, Blogger Rafi G. said…

    I have less and less patience for anonymous blogs

    I love this quote when reading it on an anonymous blog...

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger YMedad said…

    Especially coming from a Brain Surgeon. I mean, how cranial get you get?

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    Rafi G

    This is not an anonymous blog. My identity is apparent to anyone who wants to know it.

    ymedad:

    I assume you know that the brain surgeon line is a joke.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger uberimma said…

    I hear it on some topics. But if we didn't have anonymous blogs, we wouldn't--couldn't--have the Ren Reb. And that would be really sad.

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said…

    I am not anonymous. My name really is Jack Shack.

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Sholom said…

    I am completely anonymous. The pictures on my blog that I claim are of myself, are really photos of some random homeless dude whom I've been stalking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home