MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Big Pot's Big Day

Tomorrow is the Big Pot's big day. And, alas, it's only day. I love the Big Pot so much that I am reprinting last year's post, "Ode to a Pot".

Ode To A Pot

Every year in the days leading up to Pesach, I bring up from the basement a massive, 16 gallon pot. MHW uses that pot, and another, smaller one, to make chicken soup for the entire Pesach. (Those of you who have followed this blog know my feelings about chicken soup, i.e., the main reason G-d created Shabbos is so that Jews can have chicken soup on Friday night).

MHW makes the soup and I strain it and put it into plastic containers.

Then I wash the big pot and bring it back down to the basement. This pot's work is done BEFORE PESACH EVEN BEGINS. One soup and back into storage until the same time next year. Now THAT is mesiras nefesh.

Let's hear it for the big pot.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I actually thought about the Big Pot recently. Seriously! Enjoy the results.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home