MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, November 19, 2007

Failing The Test Run

Yesterday afternoon, after visiting my sister and her two dogs with the Toddler (quite a sight by the way; the dogs jump all over her and lick her in the face the entire visit), I was instructed by MHW to pick up a couple of things for dinner and then some milk at the supermarket.

I managed the Chop-A-Nosh part rather well. How difficult is it to order Teriyaki Chicken?

Then TT and I went to Brachs for a few items. Here's where I dropped the ball.

As soon as we got to Brachs, TT reminded me of my obligation to get a can of Pringles that she could start eating immediately. (It is actually pretty funny to see the routine at checkout. Knowing that I have to pay for the Pringles, she actually offers me the can as soon as we get to the line and waits patiently until after they are scanned).

The main reason for going was to buy some milk for TT. She's still drinking regular milk (organic, of course) while the rest of us drink skim. Perhaps as a result of a mind freeze, I bought more skim milk.

When we got home, MHW discovered the skim milk and gently reminded me that I was supposed to have bought regular.

I thought about it for a second and said, "This must make you feel very comfortable about leaving me with the family for six days while you visit the kids in Israel."

She smiled.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger uberimma said…

    If the worst thing that happens while she's away is that TT drinks skim milk, I think your wife will be very pleased.

     
  • At 3:15 AM, Blogger Commenter Abbi said…

    I agree with UI: I don't think a few bottles of skim milk will harm toddler in any long term fashion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home