MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Pedal to the Carbon

I finally broke down and ordered new clipless bike pedals.

I have had my original Look pedals for about 20 years and three bikes. The old pedals are about twice as big and probably five times as heavy as the Look Keos that I just ordered. On the other hand, they have worked perfectly for all these years and thousands of miles. (That is why I couldn't fargin myself to buy new pedals all these years, even as pedals got lighter and the technology got better).

I justified this purchase on the grounds that I thought I had lost my bike (which would have cost me about $5,000 to replace), so spending $150 on new pedals is no big deal.

Imagine how fast I'll be now that I've dropped a few grams of weight off my bike!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM, Anonymous cycling supplies said…

    I don't get this. "The old pedals are about twice as big and probably five times as heavy as the Look Keos that I just ordered. " Could you please enlighten me on this? I keep following all your posts hope you can regularly post more. I get very useful information here. Thanks for having this.



    cycling supplies

     

Post a Comment

<< Home