MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just Another Bar Mitzvah

Today, MHW and I attended a bar mitzvah of the son of good friends.

This couple were the role models who inspired us to become foster parents about 9 years ago. And the bar mitzvah was of a boy who they first fostered and then adopted. And, the fact that, knowing how this story started, today's bar mitzvah was like any other bar mitzvah, is one of the most remarkable stories that I have ever had the privilege of witnessing.

Because, of course, it wasn't anything like any other bar mitzvah at all. But you wouldn't have known it unless you already knew it. That is my point. That is the greatness of this couple.

May they continue to change the world.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger SuperRaizy said…

    Knowing how difficult it is to raise your own children, I am in awe of those people who voluntarily choose to raise other people's children. Foster parents and adoptive parents are truly good souls.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My uncle who had two and adopted two says that he stopped thinking after awhile which ones were his biologically. For both my aunt and uncle, they could see their own personalities reflected in their kids.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home