MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, January 14, 2008

Another Comet Kohoutek Morning

When I went to sleep last nigh, I was assured that a whole bunch of snow would greet me in the morning. As we know, no such accumulation accumulated.

Instead, there was a trace snowfall that my windshield wipers were able to disperse with one swipe. (This lack of snow, of course, did not prevent the Long Island Railroad's 6:52 out of Woodmere from breaking down, causing a 20 minute delay in my morning commute).

This was yet another Comet Kohoutek moment. I am convinced that the local news reporters hype the weather (like New York reporters hype the towns sports "prospects") just so they will have something to talk about on the 6 o'clock news.

You can see the disappointment in their eyes when a big storm misses the target and that was yet again the case this morning.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home