MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Monday, January 14, 2008

More January Effect

I get three newspapers delivered to my door each morning, the Wall Street Journal, FT and the New York Sun. In December, all three were coming before 6 a.m. which is when I leave my house. Since the turn of the year, two of the three have routinely been showing up late (or not at all).

Could this have something to do with the fact that tips are given at the end of December?

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Agatestone said…

    We didn't give a tip to our carrier as he/she didn't leave an envelope in the paper for us to do so. Our service has not changed. We still promptly receive a nice, dry paper. Maybe your carrier has issues? Have you tipped him/her in past years?

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    tipped them a lot

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Blogger Ezzie said…

    Heh. Probably best to tip decently, but enough that they want more... :)

    You didn't save a 1/1 FT, did you? My director has been looking for one...! [/kidding] [unless you have one :P ]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home