MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Almost a Two Hot Dog Day

I have been under immense pressure at work for the past three weeks. (Don't feel bad for me; I'm doing what I'm paid to do and the issues I'm dealing with are fascinating).

One of the worst parts (but paling in comparison to seeing good friends lose their jobs and savings), is that I rarely get to the gym anymore.

Today, I chapped arein, and ran out for a lunchtime spin class.

Feeling that, under the circumstances, something was coming to me for all my hard work, I decided during my workout that I would buy two hot dogs with mustard and onions at Mendys in Grand Central. Few things are better or more decadent.

Alas, after the class I could not pull the trigger. I'm in training and I just couldn't do it.

I guarantee you this...

If the Paulson bailout doesn't get approved soon, Friday, yes, Erev Shabbos, will be a two hot dog day.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As a banker working for one of the banks that may, yet, not survive, it has become a 2 drink night.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger ysh said…

    why not go for the shabbos special at KD? chulent, kishke, the works. Once you're going to splurge, you may as well go all the way...

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger nyfunnyman said…

    yummy. i hate hot dogs but work mamash on top of mendy's at grand central!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger PsycleSteve said…

    As you know my "season" finished last Sunday so I'm no longer in training. Not much of a carnivore, I've been hanging out with my 2 good friends, Ben and Jerry. Add in some dark chocolate and my wife's home baked cakes/cookies and I've gained 2.5 lbs in the last 4 days. Yummm!!

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger and so it shall be... said…

    Enjoy your hotdogs.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    4 Hot Dog Day!!

    Yikes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home