MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Almost Home

In less than 12 hours I will be picking up MHW at JFK.

I have survived!

Truth be told, I very much enjoyed the last four days taking care of and hanging out with The Vance. We had fun, she did not take too much advantage of me, and I don't think I destroyed all of MHW's four-plus years of work (maybe just one). Nevertheless, I will be very happy to see MHW back in charge. I suspect the Vance will be as well.

It's a funny thing. I spend many nights on the road on business. I don't sleep well when I'm on the road but don't feel the loneliness overtly. I'm probably too busy and stimulated to think about it. At home, I feel the loneliness much more but sleep very well in my own bed.

In any event, I look forward to getting up at 5:30 a.m. tomorrow, driving to JFK in the freezing weather and picking up MHW. Well worth it.

Labels: