MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, July 10, 2009

Pros and Cons of Jury Duty in July

Pros:

1. I wear my Naot with Thorlo sweat socks all day every day and no one cares
2. I wear my khakis all day every day
3. I ride my bike to Point Lookout every morning at 6 a.m. and am still at my computer by 8:15 am
4. No LIRR for a month
5. No City streets for a month
6. Some interesting stuff going on in court (although it may get stale real soon)
7. July is a relatively slow month at work; any other time would have been horrible
8. I'm home by 5:30 pm or earlier (albeit still working)

Cons:

1. In order to ride my bike I have to get up at 4:30 a.m.
2. I'm working (for my job) on my computer and BB before, during and after Court hours
3. Ridiculous amount of downtime; the waiting never ends

All in all, it could be a lot worse

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A temporary change in a work routine can be curiously refreshing.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    kol hakavod. how do you get up 4:30 am . I usually dont get to sleep untill 1 am. the only quiet time in our house of teenagers is between 2:30- 5:30 am. if i didnt ride to work as a commute i wouldnt get much riding in.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Proud MO said…

    You couldn't get out of jury duty?

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger MoChassid said…

    GRAND jury duty. It's like a roach motel. No Voir dir. You can't get out. very different.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home