MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rain; No Game

This weather is really starting to p*ss me off!

Bad enough that it's virtually impossible to ride my bike (although I did sneak in a 46 miler last Sunday morning), the rain followed me to Chicago during my recent road trip.

I had scheduled meetings and a speaking gig for Tuesday/Wednesday knowing that the Cubs were playing the White Sox at the Friendly Confines. I had scored bullpen box seats for Tuesday night through one of my law firm contacts and was all set to enjoy a nice baseball game at the coolest park in the Majors. A nechter g'toog.

It poured all day Tuesday, into the night. They postponed the game. Bummer.

(Another sign that the Aibishter runs the world).

I am now trying to think up a reason for why I have to go back to Chicago in September when they rescheduled the game.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Student said…

    B"H I'm out of NY for the summer. Our baseball team out west is doing pretty well too...

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so, it's your fault that it rained yesterday!

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    You have to come to Chicago because of Ken's. Better burgers than anything in NY.

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Scott said…

    "A nechter g'toog."

    That reminds me of when I was a kid and heard the song, "Darling, Je Vous Aime Beaucoup."

    I thought the singer was singing, "Zhevu Zembo Koo."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home