MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Friday, June 05, 2009

Thoughts From The Road

1. It is immeasurably better to go from business in London to visiting my kids in Israel rather than the other way. When I finished my last gig yesterday afternoon after three days in London, I had a sense of relief and excitement. Last time, when I went from ten days in Israel to three days in London, I just felt depressed.

2. The suicide watch in the London financial world seems to be over. Not that it's any great shakes, but there is no comparison to last November when I had 15 meetings over three days, one more negative than the other. I think a large part of it is that the job cuts in that sector seem to be over so anyone still employed finally feels a bit more secure. (I sense the same thing in New York). Whether the sense of optimism is justified, we will see over the next few months.

3. I am trying to process Obama's Cairo speech (which I read about but did not see). Luckily, I am about to leave for breakfast with my buddies David and Ben whose insights are always very informed.

4. I need a shower. After a flight and a cab ride with a driver who smokes (albeit not while I was in the car), I feel grungy.

Labels: