MOChassid

The rambling thoughts of a Modern Orthodox Chassid (whatever that means). Contact me at emansouth @ aol.com

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Times Square

I've worked in midtown for about 20 of the past 23 years, since we moved to the Five Towns. During that time, I've walked to work almost every day no matter what the weather. And, since I'm my father's son, I walk fast and go with the flow of traffic lights so that I never have to stop.

This morning, I made an exception. The Bloomberg administration has turned much of Broadway, from Herald Square North, into a pedestrian mall. I had to see it with my own eyes. It was actually very pleasant. I'm a fan.

My conclusion: Despite the fact that it is not the most direct way to get from Penn Station to work (Broadway actually veers west) and that it will require me to stop for some traffic lights, I think I will walk up and down Broadway to Penn Station this summer.

I must be getting mellow in my old age.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was beginning to wonder if you were walking all the way in from the Five Towns.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home